cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating Mobile Mashups

drieder
15-Moonstone

Creating Mobile Mashups

Hello everyone,

so I want to create a Mashup that will be viewed from a smartphone and I would like to know whether there is a general approach for creating Mobile Mashups. Currenlty I am working with a static Layout and a fixed resolution (Though I dont like this approach since different smarphones have different resolutions). Any ideas how to make universal Mobile Mashups?

Thank you for any help!

Best Regards,

Dominik

Edit: I actually found out that the responsive Layout works as I want it to. The only problem is, that the sizes for some components can't be changed (e.g Text size of a button). This is very unfortunate since they appear too small on a smartphone display. I would wish for something like the LED-Display where you can choose the size dimensions (small, normal, large, very large) for the button aswell

Please tell me what the best practice for using such components is

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:drieder)

First of all you can use Thingworx Studio to create mobile apps, the elements in Studio are much more suited for mobile apps.

As an alternate approach to buttons, you can use Image widgets or Shape widgets and their click event, with that you would probably need a proper svg graphic that resizes with the screen size either in the image widget or in the background with the shape transparent over the top. (You need to think a little out of the box)

Buttons themselves if you have a fairly small range of delivery resolutions, you can obviously make them larger and use a larger font.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:drieder)

First of all you can use Thingworx Studio to create mobile apps, the elements in Studio are much more suited for mobile apps.

As an alternate approach to buttons, you can use Image widgets or Shape widgets and their click event, with that you would probably need a proper svg graphic that resizes with the screen size either in the image widget or in the background with the shape transparent over the top. (You need to think a little out of the box)

Buttons themselves if you have a fairly small range of delivery resolutions, you can obviously make them larger and use a larger font.

Top Tags