cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creating Multiple User Login in Thingworx

VS_9760165
12-Amethyst

Creating Multiple User Login in Thingworx

Hi 

I am looking create multiple user login and based on user i have to give particular mashup access and how session can be handled for each user ? can we create this using Organization?

Thanks

Vaibhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:VS_9760165)

Hello @VS_9760165 

Yes. So the TWX server manage the User Sessions by the User name, if you login with different User name, the session will be logged separately, if you login with same User in different machine/ browser, the login will be updated, and probably you'll sign in the latest page.

If it has answered your query please mark the appropriate reply as solution. In case you have further query , please revert.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hi @VS_9760165 ,

the multi-user login creates different sessions, the permission for each login only depends on the User you used. So configure the User permissions carefully would grant them different access.

The Organization gives Users 2 rights:

1. Visibility permission to entities

2. FormLogin access to Home Mashup of the Organization.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

VS_9760165
12-Amethyst
(To:odukiya)

Hi @odukiya ,

Please Correct me if i am wrong.  When we assign multiple user while creating organization then only it creates session for each user right?

Thanks

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @VS_9760165 

Yes. So the TWX server manage the User Sessions by the User name, if you login with different User name, the session will be logged separately, if you login with same User in different machine/ browser, the login will be updated, and probably you'll sign in the latest page.

If it has answered your query please mark the appropriate reply as solution. In case you have further query , please revert.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

VS_9760165
12-Amethyst
(To:odukiya)

@odukiya ,

Thank you for reply, i have one issue that i have created one organization for administrator login, 

But when i logout and go back on browser its not asking for login again. I need to terminate the session on logout . How we can do it?

Thank you 

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @VS_9760165 

I hope this article can help

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321910

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Top Tags