cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creating a real time Time Series Chart for Mashups

drieder
15-Moonstone

Creating a real time Time Series Chart for Mashups

Hello everyone,

I would like to use a Time Series Chart in my Mashups which automatically updates. In this video at 0:32 a Chart is shown that I would like to have.

I am aware that you can automatically update the time series chart every lets say 1 second. If possible I would like to update it when a corresponding data change event happens (which I could not find since the Property History table used for the chart can't be accessed as a property).

Also I want to only display a interval of x minuts, for for every update the oldest value should vanish and the x-axis should represent the correct time.

Any hints are appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:drieder)

Good day @drieder,

It seems like the Chart they are using in the video is the TimesSeriesChart v2 that can be found on the marketplace under Custom Chart Widgets (https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/193203/custom-chart-widgets#!overview). 

I am not aware of a sensical method that the data can update based on a value change. But the time selector widget should provide the functionality that you require regarding the display of a running x amount of minutes and the "auto-refresh" every 1 second. You can set the time selector widget to be invisible at runtime if you do not need to change the information during runtime.

This might not touch on all of the information you need, but hopefully it is a start.

Kind regards

Johan Bester

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:drieder)

Good day @drieder,

It seems like the Chart they are using in the video is the TimesSeriesChart v2 that can be found on the marketplace under Custom Chart Widgets (https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/193203/custom-chart-widgets#!overview). 

I am not aware of a sensical method that the data can update based on a value change. But the time selector widget should provide the functionality that you require regarding the display of a running x amount of minutes and the "auto-refresh" every 1 second. You can set the time selector widget to be invisible at runtime if you do not need to change the information during runtime.

This might not touch on all of the information you need, but hopefully it is a start.

Kind regards

Johan Bester

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:jbester)

Hello @jbester,

Thank you very much for pointing this out, it seems to be what I am looking for. Unfortunately I can't install any extensions on my current Thingworx Server so I have to try it out another time.

Best Regards,

Dominik

Top Tags