cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Custom Authenticator Problem

manasvi
12-Amethyst

Custom Authenticator Problem

Hi All,

When I follow the document

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/create-authentication-extension

And then try to login using the TestSite.html, I get the following error in the security log.

Debug Filter set to SAMEORIGIN - sending same origin

I suspect there is some web.xml setting that I am missing.

After the authentication request, I am redirected to /Thingworx/ActionLogin/CustomLogin

with 404 error.

Regards,

Manas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I was performing authentication from localhost to a thingworx foundation server on localhost.

However, I contacted the support and the solution which they recommended is to change the URI

from "/Thingworx/ActionLogin/CustomLogin" to "/Thingworx/action-login" in two places, 

1. The authenticator extension

2. The HTML client file

It seems to work, but I have to test it in detail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Are you performing this authentication from a localhost to a ThingWorx Foundation server on localhost, OR are these on two different servers/hosts?

Hi,

I was performing authentication from localhost to a thingworx foundation server on localhost.

However, I contacted the support and the solution which they recommended is to change the URI

from "/Thingworx/ActionLogin/CustomLogin" to "/Thingworx/action-login" in two places, 

1. The authenticator extension

2. The HTML client file

It seems to work, but I have to test it in detail.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:manasvi)

Hi @manasvi.

Please let us know how your testing is going.  Once you have validated, it would be greatly appreciated if you would mark your reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags