cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Custom Configuration tables

egolindano
7-Bedrock

Custom Configuration tables

Hi. I'm trying to find a template which add a configuration link (see attached image) to each instance of it. So my question... is there a Template that make this or do i have to create my custom template?. If that's so, how do i accomplish that?

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:egolindano)

Hi Eddison,

if you want to create your custom Configuration Table I think you need to use a custom extension and create a custom template. I also have Configuration Tables in my Java extensions. Just create a new extension using the extension sdk, there you can define Configuration Tables for your needs.

For a Java Extension you would accomplish that via these annotations:

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinitions(tables = {

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "ConfigTable", description = "", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape =           @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "TableRow", description = "", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 0, aspects = { }) })) })

Regards,

Keijo

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kbuss
6-Contributor

Hi Eddison,

if you want to create your custom Configuration Table I think you need to use a custom extension and create a custom template. I also have Configuration Tables in my Java extensions. Just create a new extension using the extension sdk, there you can define Configuration Tables for your needs.

For a Java Extension you would accomplish that via these annotations:

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinitions(tables = {

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "ConfigTable", description = "", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape =           @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "TableRow", description = "", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 0, aspects = { }) })) })

Regards,

Keijo

Thank You very much for the help, Keijo. I'm gonna work on this.

Keijo, Now i'm facing an issue, after installing the extension i check the configuration table and it shows perfectly, but if i click "Cancel Edit" the configuration link disappear, i attached two images related to this.

Also, sometimes when i reinstall the extension (with updated configuration) it takes the old one (Without the changes)

Thank You.

1.png

2.png

kbuss
6-Contributor

When you install a new version of your extension you have to consider two things:

• You need to update the package version e.g. 1.0.0 --> 1.0.1 (in metadata.xml of your extension, in eclipse under Thingworx Extension Project Properties)
  • You have to restart the tomcat server after installing the new version

After this it should take the new extension version. I believe the disappearance of the Configuration Table should be repaired as well.

Let me know if it works

Keijo

It didn't work at all. The configuration link doesn't disappear anymore, but i added a new configuration table and changed the version of the extension but the configuration section doesn't get updated when installing.

This is the Java code where I add the configuration table.

sddd.png

kbuss
6-Contributor

Did you restart your tomcat?

is it fully necessary?

kbuss
6-Contributor

As far as i know, yes. Otherwise it always will take the old extension version.

Well, i can't restart tomcat right now, as soon as i can i'll try it and tell you if it worked.. Thank you very much, Keijo.

Top Tags