cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Custom charts widgets extension not loading in Thingworx 7.2.1

kr1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Custom charts widgets extension not loading in Thingworx 7.2.1

Hi Guys,

I am using TWX version 7.2.1 with Java 8 and tomcat 8.0.  I imported Custom charts widgets version 2.0.4 and tried plotting a bar chart.

I am getting an error as in image attached. I have also imported D3 Tree and D3 network widgets (Version  2.5). Please help me.

6 REPLIES 6
kr1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:kr1)

Friends any luck on above question. Still I have not found the solution

posipova
20-Turquoise

Does the issue persist if you remove the D3 extensions? Does it happen in all browsers?

kr1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina , I tried it using Chrome and IE and it occurred in both. Why and which D3 Extension should i remove Polina Osipova

visla
14-Alexandrite

Hello Kiruthiga!

Does this issue still persist on your system?

If yes, please have a look at the following article:

Article Viewer | PTC

You have mentioned that you have installed the latest version (2.5) for D3 Tree and D3 Network Extensions. Therefore, you should be fine with D3 conflict.

You have mentioned you are using version 2.0.4 of Custom Chart Widgets Extension, and that version uses some special characters that require the JAVA encoding UTF-8 to be enabled for Tomcat (as recommended in our ThingWorx Installation Guide). Could you please confirm if you have UTF-8 encoding? If not, could you please enable it and see if that fixes your issue?

Additionally, as Polina mentioned, if the issue happens on some browsers only, you could also try to clear the local cache of the affected web browser and see if that fixes the issue.

I hope this helps!

Vanessa

kr1
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:visla)

Hi Vanesa,

Thanks for your reply !. I haven't tried it recently. so let me try both of your solutions and update here Polina OsipovaVanesa Isla

kpatel-21
6-Contributor

I am facing an issue with Thingworks version 8.2.1. 

I am using custom chart widget for time series.

receiving same error like 

Error 09:59:04 ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget { name: Error, message: timeSeriesChartV2doesn't exist }

I am using following versions 

Tomcat version: Tomcat 8.5

Thingworx version: ThingWorx 8.2.1-b140

google chrome version: Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

please provide a solution for this. 

Top Tags