cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Data Display over Image Widget

cnuga
10-Marble

Data Display over Image Widget

I am trying to display sensor data over an image widget. I have an image of a motor and I would like to display motor temperature over a image of the motor. I have added a image widget but cannot not add any other widgets over the image? Is there a way to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok for that just put z index of the image more by just one level which you want top of other, e.g image1 want to be top on image2 then image1- Z index 10 and image2- Z index 9. in your case  motor index 9 and widget z index 10. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:cnuga)

Put your image in a panel.  Then put your value display widget in the same panel and set it's zindex value to something high--like 100.  You can move your value display widget over your image.

keep z index of your motor widget less than the z index of the text widget. it like relative to each other ,the widget which have less z index value will be in background or goes behind the widget which have higher z index value.

Thanks for the clarification on the Z-index. I am having trouble putting the widget to display values at the right location over the image i.e., I want the motor temperature to be displayed over the motor and flow to displayed on pipe. How do I do that?

ok for that just put z index of the image more by just one level which you want top of other, e.g image1 want to be top on image2 then image1- Z index 10 and image2- Z index 9. in your case  motor index 9 and widget z index 10. 

Hi @cnuga

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if your issue has been resolved.

If yes, Please mark Ajay's reply Helpful (Accept as solution) for the future reference. Thanks in advance.

Top Tags