cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Data-Driven Menu - Replace Page

amittal1
9-Granite

Data-Driven Menu - Replace Page

Hello,

I am trying to use Data-Driven Menu and I am able to get the type of menu that I need, however I am not able to achieve one functionality of 'Replace Page' and 'New Page'. I am not able to figure out how to Replace page on clicking the menu, everytime I click, the Mashup opens up in a New Page.

To fill the data I have a property of type Infotable with 'MenuEntry' as its datashape.

I assume, to achieve this, I need to fill the value of 'linkTarget' field, but what should be the value I am not able to find out. I have tried to fill this field with following values:

- "Replace Page"

- "REPLACE"

- "Replace"

- "REPLACE PAGE"

but none of them seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aditya Mittal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:amittal1)

Please look at the last comment in this thread (by me), I have attached entities with a sample there. https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Is-it-possible-to-open-a-second-mashup-in-a-contained-mashup/m-p/577864#M31794

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

Are you utilizing a master mashup? You should put your menu in a master header and then bind all mashups that are menu items to that master.

Hello,

Yes I am using a master Mashup, but the menu that I am utilising is on contained Mashup. Is that approach incorrect?

-Aditya

posipova
20-Turquoise

Please look at the last comment in this thread (by me), I have attached entities with a sample there. https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Is-it-possible-to-open-a-second-mashup-in-a-contained-mashup/m-p/577864#M31794

Hello,

Thanks for directing to the post. I got the answer I was looking for, from the configuration file. Instead of passing the value as "Replace" to linkTarget field, we have to pass "Self". And by doing that I was able to achieve what I needed.

-Aditya

mgoel
17-Peridot

@amittal1

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags