cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Data Filter widget with Datatable

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Data Filter widget with Datatable

Hi ,

I have DataTable with some records , i want to use Data filter widget .but when i binds filter widget to "All Data" in Datatable Service . its showing field names in filter widget but unable to filter data. i need proper reference on it. which service needs to bind and which needs to create new one. i have attached screenshots plz see this and give some steps how we can get it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I recommend to use QueryDataTableEntries and create bindings in the following order:

- bind the Query from Data Filter to Query from Parameters of service QueryDataTableEntries

- Change event of filter  bind it with QueryDataTableEntries service

See below:

raluca_edu_0-1579771367785.png

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I recommend to use QueryDataTableEntries and create bindings in the following order:

- bind the Query from Data Filter to Query from Parameters of service QueryDataTableEntries

- Change event of filter  bind it with QueryDataTableEntries service

See below:

raluca_edu_0-1579771367785.png

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu 

Thank you very much . perfect !!

Hi raluca_edu,

Could you please expain how it can be done in infotable. If you give me binding connections it would be better.
Thank you

Hi,

Bindings remain the same, the only thing is that you need to create a service that is getting all rows of an infotable and one service that is doing query in infotable. I do not have a code example for this, but for querying infotable you can use:

var query = {
sorts:[{
fieldName: "name_of_field",
isAscending: false
}],
filters: {
type: "AND",
filters:
[{
type: "LT",
fieldName: "name_of_field",
value: 20      // this is selecting field values less than 20
}]}};
var result = Resources['InfoTableFunctions'].Query(
{query : query,
t : myinfotable
});

But you need to figure it out how to create a dynamic query for infotable that is selected by user and then to pass it to your service.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags