cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Data grid filter localization

jensc
17-Peridot

Data grid filter localization

Hello Community,

I wanted to set localization on my grids filter hint in 9.3.5, however there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this.

Am I missing something or is this just missing functionality?

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:jensc)

Hello,

For the "CollapseAll" token, it seems like it has been added in 9.4.0 so we'll be able to translate it once we've upgraded.

And in general it seems like the best way forward would be to use an empty platform to translate all of these tokens into the language you need and then exporting the tokens for use on new platforms.

We are currently working on translating it.

Thanks,

Jens

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jensc.

We're not clear on the request.  Can you elaborate?  Screenshots would be helpful.

Regards.

--Sharon

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,

Sorry, I'll try to make it a bit clearer.

There are some things in the grid widget that I can't find localization for, or even a way to set programmatically to do localization from a service.

Here is my grid:

jensc_0-1683267387385.png

As you can see I am using a filter and multiple select in this grid.

But it's not translated in any way once I login with a user that is using a different default language.

My column headers change (as these can be localized). But the things in the grids toolbar doesn't:

jensc_1-1683268145264.png

This is what I would like to localize. Perhaps I've missed some way of doing this?

Regards,

Jens

jensc
17-Peridot

Update:

I found the localization token "rowsSelected" and tried setting it:

jensc_0-1683284782775.png

I can see for a split second that it does produce my translation in the grid widget, after which it turns back into English.

***** UPDATE*****

The issue above seems to have had something to do with cookies. After opening a new incognito window and logging in again it is not in the correct language.

I also tried finding a token for the "Collapse All" label, but the only thing I found while searching was the "collapseEntry" token:

jensc_1-1683284989819.png

I still haven't found anything for the filter hint text either.

Thanks,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jensc.

We tested this under 9.3.8 and it appears to be working as expected.  Perhaps we should open a case for this.  I'll be happy to do so on your behalf, if you agree.

Regards.

--Sharon

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,

I see that I miswrote "not" instead of "now" at one location in my previous post.

But yes, it might not be a bad idea for me to open a case for this, even just as a general question.

Because from my understanding, these localization tokens are kind of "system" tokens, and if we translate something in one platform, it would be annoying to have to manually translate everything again when creating a new platform.

So it would be nice if there was a way we could export only the system tokens for deployment on new platforms.

But I'll open a case for this.

Regards,

Jens

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

For the "CollapseAll" token, it seems like it has been added in 9.4.0 so we'll be able to translate it once we've upgraded.

And in general it seems like the best way forward would be to use an empty platform to translate all of these tokens into the language you need and then exporting the tokens for use on new platforms.

We are currently working on translating it.

Thanks,

Jens

Top Tags