cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

DataExport for datatables

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

DataExport for datatables

I exported datatables separately from one server using (to file, single data, datatables option) and import in another server using (from file, data, file repository, browse) to get the values in it. Once import is successful, not able to reimport the same file again any servers. .import file also not present. then what is the reason for this skipping import while reusing same file. If i exported again, then that file is importing successfully for only one time. How to reuse the file?

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

When you say 'not able to import' do you get a failure message?

Or are you trying to 'reset' the data in the datatable?

If the second scenario, have you tried to 'purge' the entries from the DataTable before importing again?

No. I tried to import the datas using same file in another new server. It showed logs as Skipped Import.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Is it perhaps importing in the wrong order? i.e. the actual DataTable doesn't yet exist so it can't import the data?

Have you tried just importing the datatable data content after you've imported the entities?

wcui
14-Alexandrite

As we can not reproduce the same issue, can you reproduce it and make a short video so we can better understand it? 

Hi @AP_9587236 

What you experienced here is the default behavior when importing (at least) DataTables.

The reason is the following: when you export a DataTable, it generates just two files in the folder, a twx (contains data) and a chk (some sort of hash I presume).

The first time you import such a folder, ThingWorx generates an additional .import.log file, which, if you imported successfully the data, attests the import process finished successfully. Subsequent attempts to import check this file, and basically skips the data import if you already imported it once (data import can be quite intensive, and this is meant to be an optimization feature).

To bypass this functionality simply delete the .import.log file from the specific File Repository path and retry the import.

Announcements

Top Tags