cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Default date time format display 8.2

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Default date time format display 8.2

Hi,

we are having an issue with how the time string is displaying in a grid widget (in fact all relevant widgets). We are using the  default format token 'dateTimeFormat_Default'  which has the value(s)

• 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss' in the Default localization table
  • 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS' in the System table
  • all other tables have no value.

In the grid widget the text displayed is 'Thu Jan 17 2019 16:52:04 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)' . Column Renderer & State Format settings are:

• Renderer = DATETIME
  • Format = dateTimeFormat_Default
  • Fixed Style

If I bind the single rows time value to a Value display widget and set the renderer to DATETIME & dateTimeFormat_Default I don't see any value. If I set it to STRING I see 'Thu Jan 17 2019 16:52:04 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)'.

I have tried changing to other date format tokens but they have no effect at all and I see the same strings.

We have just upgraded to 8.2 (from 7.3). Everything worked fine in 7.3. I did wonder if it was an import issue, but I have created a mashup from scratch, and get the same result.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

K

3 REPLIES 3

I'm using TWX 8.2.9 with value display widgets (1 string type and 3 with different datetime format), this is what I get from mashup.

maybe the problem is with the version you're using.

Previous picture seems upload failed

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:zyuan1)

Hi,

thanks for that. We are using 8.2.8 b-856 I think I'll check out the release notes for 8.9 see if there is a mention of this.

K

Top Tags