cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Deployment of Thingworx

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Deployment of Thingworx

What are the factors have to be checked(to control slow performance) before deploying thingworx in AWS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

There are quite a few factors, several depend on your design and how you've coded your application.

Not knowing enough about what your application does and the user/usage scope it is hard to give you a good answer.

But aside from Server specs.

1. There is how efficient is your code

2. How much data is being transmitted

3. How many and how often are there transaction

4. How complex are your mashups

5. How much data is being processed

6. Distance from data sources

7. Distance to clients

are some that can impact performance

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There are quite a few factors, several depend on your design and how you've coded your application.

Not knowing enough about what your application does and the user/usage scope it is hard to give you a good answer.

But aside from Server specs.

1. There is how efficient is your code

2. How much data is being transmitted

3. How many and how often are there transaction

4. How complex are your mashups

5. How much data is being processed

6. Distance from data sources

7. Distance to clients

are some that can impact performance

I can say, the size is more than 300mb while exporting the project through source control entities. we passing fresh datas on daily basis to all 700 entities. We not storing datas in databases. Only temporary datas storing in thingworx. Later we might use database depends on requirement. Can you guide me to check the efficiency of code, complexity of mashups.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Looks like you have a sizeable application.

aside from good coding practices, you could turn on system statistics which can give you results for how often services are invoked and their execution time.

you can create stress tests

I believe PTC Customer Success provides some services that do code review etc. If you are interested.

https://www.ptc.com/en/customer-success/success-services

Thanks. 

@PaiChung 

1. When we changing project from local server to cloud, we use import option to import the project file right!! After import all datatables will be empty. Any solution is there to import datatables also without loosing the values?? 

2. Before migrating project from server to server, I moved all extensions first. Few of the extensions shown warnings that it is deprecated during import. How long we can use the same extensions ?? 

3. we using

(i) postgresql 9.5.20
(ii). postgresql tool pgAdmin version is 1.22.2

(iii) ThingWorx 8.4.4-b2319
(iv) Apache tomcat 9.0
Can we recreate the same environment in cloud (like thingworx in local server) ? What difficulties we might face? Can you share an any related document to follow?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

For datatable content you can use Export/Data

I'm not sure when deprecated extensions will stop working, some of it actually might happen in TWX 9 if you switch from JDK 8/9 to JDK or Open JDK 11

Part of it may just be the reformatting of the metadata.xml which is easy to fix.

You can host ThingWorx on prem, in cloud, in private cloud, managed cloud etc.  None of that should be an issue.

Yes, the above message is a accepted solution. Thanks for your answer.

If possible please share the info about how to reformat the metadata.xml file. 

Top Tags