cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Derived service in Thing template is not showing updated code from Thing Shape

HG_8438682
8-Gravel

Derived service in Thing template is not showing updated code from Thing Shape

Hi, 

I updated a Thing shape with some new services and properties, and I changed the code from an existing service.  This Thing Shape is added to a Thing template, which is used to created several Things based on this Template.

On both the template and the derived things, the new properties and services are shown, but the existing service still has the old code instead of the updated code from the shape.

I tried refreshing to clear cache, but still the old code is showing. I don't see any errors in the logs and if I try the same code on a new service, it works. So I'm pretty sure the code itself is ok.

Is there anything else, that can prevent an inherited service to update?

thanks in advance for you tips.

4 REPLIES 4
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:HG_8438682)

Was the service maybe overriden? There is the service override option which may cause this?

Hi,

thanks for your input, I checked it already and override is not enabled.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:HG_8438682)

• Can you doublecheck that you are referring to the correct service, on the correct thingshape? Not that you by accident have two different Services/Shapes/Templates used - which you are confisuing with another?
  • Other than that I would try to call service .RestartThing on the thing which has the issue - to see what happens. Normally, the things should be restarted automatically when the model changes.
  • And if that does not help try to restart TWX

I did not encounter such a thing yet..

If I open the shape from the template, and then check the service under the template, it shows me the updated code.

I'm not able to restart all things at once since over 10 Things have been derived from it. I also guess the problem lays in the Thing template not the Thing since even the template is not showing the updated code.

Restarting Thingworx might solve it, I also thought about that, but we are running a Thingworx cloud (SaaS), so therefor not so easy. We need a restart in the upcoming weeks, so I'll follow up then unless I find another solution in the meantime.

Thanks for you input!

Top Tags