cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Description of a Mashup or thing is not getting updated.

dgurumukhi
6-Contributor

Description of a Mashup or thing is not getting updated.

Hi All,

I have a service which updates a description of a mashup, the code is as below.

var params = {description: 'This is a test Mashup' /* STRING */};
Mashups["testMashup"].SetDescription(params);

It updates the description but is not seen in "Description" column of spotlight search result grid. 

See the "Description" columnSee the "Description" column

But when I edit the mashup, I can see the description.

descUpdate.png

And when I edit and save the mashup, the updated description is seen on the description column of spotlight search result grid.

descUpdate2.png

Could anyone help on this? Can we see the updated description in spotlight search result description column without performing the edit and save operation? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Hello @dgurumukhi!

I would like to send you an update on this:

My colleague Sushant posted defect TW-55813 for this issue. We are targetting to fix this in our next release ThingWorx 8.5.

I hope that helps!

Vanessa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dgurumukhi)

@dgurumukhi you are right, could reproduce it on ThingWorx 8.2, which version are you working with? I'll report this with R&D and will share with you the details.

visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Hello @dgurumukhi!

I would like to send you an update on this:

My colleague Sushant posted defect TW-55813 for this issue. We are targetting to fix this in our next release ThingWorx 8.5.

I hope that helps!

Vanessa

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dgurumukhi)

The problem is that the information in the Composer is cached so when you run the service it doesn't know to update the composer content.

I'm not sure how you can force that without doing a browser refresh or entity switch in the explorer.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:PaiChung)

@PaiChung I did try both F5 and Ctrl + F5 it has no effect for me at least. As a matter of fact if this description is set for the Mashup and as a work around I edit the mashup without switching to Info tab in the Mashup from Design it will still not reflect the add/update done to the Mashup's description.

However, the moment i edit the mashup (without actually making any change) switch to Info tab from Design and save it back and then go to Composer, I immediately see mashup getting refreshed without any manual F5. I suspect there may be difference in the service called in these two different scenarios or at least the trigger to the right service. Just guessing may be i am wrong here. But for me just doing browser refresh is not working.

Top Tags