cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Dev improvement with rest API import without tomcat restart

emadar
5-Regular Member

Dev improvement with rest API import without tomcat restart

Hello everyone, I'm writing a script with REST calls in order to automatize our extension development. I want it to export some files, delete extensions and reimport them into thingworx. So until now everything works fine.

It seems after refresh the mashups are indeed being updated but my classes are not. I mean, let's say I want to add a new service and a new mashup within my extension. I build and use my script, I can see the new mashups but I can't see my new service.

In order to see it, I need to do a tomcat reboot.

The problem is the tomcat reboot takes about 4-6min in my case (some security configurations) and I want it to appear without doing the tomcat reboot.

How can I load my new classes in thingworx?

PS: If I import my new extension using TWX UI, I can see that my extension is indeed appearing with my new service, so maybe I need to do another REST call?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Elie,

Extensions Updates with java classes needs a Tomcat restart in order to refresh, that's mandatory.

Extensions Updates with UI changes doesn't needs a Tomcat restart, but of course it may need a browser refresh.

Carles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:emadar)

Hi, does the extension major version change when you upgrade it (in the metadata file)?

emadar
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Hi, no it doesn't, this is for development purpose so I'm still working on the same version.

But actually, even though the import UI it doesn't work, it was probably a mistake then.

Hi Elie,

Extensions Updates with java classes needs a Tomcat restart in order to refresh, that's mandatory.

Extensions Updates with UI changes doesn't needs a Tomcat restart, but of course it may need a browser refresh.

Carles.

Top Tags