cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Disconnect RemoteThing from server side

skoessler
8-Gravel

Disconnect RemoteThing from server side

Hi all,

in our current project we are using a custom authenticator to leverage 3rd party security solution.

Therefore we need to implement device session handling.

Can anybody point me in a direction how to disconnect a RemoteThing from Thingworx server side?

Cheers,

Sebastian

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:skoessler)

Hi @skoessler.

Can you provide more information on your use case?  I'm not understanding why you would need to do this.

Regards.

--Sharon

The goal is to rotate the authtoken which the client uses to authenticate.

If the client cannot provide a valid authtoken we need to terminate the current websocket connection.

Otherwise if we do not terminate the connection the client could be sending data even if it does not have a valid authtoken.

I am not sure how this works with appkeys.

But from my understanding open client connections should be terminated if the validity of the appkey expires.

Therefor such functionality should exist on the thingworx platform.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Is it ok to just "unbind" the RemoteThing from the server side ? or do you want to completely close the websocket connection with the edge ?

Can you explain me what happens if I unbind a remote thing?

It would also help if you tell me how to do this so I can try if the client is still authenticated afterwards.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Top Tags