cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Do we have an ability to create Expression Rules at Thingworx?

and1
12-Amethyst

Do we have an ability to create Expression Rules at Thingworx?

We have possibility to creating expression rules in Axeda platform(see more: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Axeda-Expression-Rules/m-p/532448#M815)
Could we create something like this for things in Thingworx platform?

Note that I have a lot of things, so could it possible to set rules only for my thing template and use it in all of my inherited things?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
and1
12-Amethyst
(To:Rick-Stanley)

In this case we compare the value with some default value and the subscription will trigger when the condition will be true, but in my case I just need the trigger subscription when my data has changed. I through about using an event + subscription that should help me, but I decided to ask the community if we had a different way that would be better or more perform and more flexible

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes it is possible to execute customized actions when property values change, and yes, these rules can be created to apply to Thing Shapes, Thing Templates, or individual Things. You do this in 2 steps. First, create an Alert which defines the property, value, and condition to monitor. Second, create a Subscription to your alert that defines the action taken. Here is a guide that walks through how this is done step-by-step:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/thingworx-foundation-quickstart/create-alerts-and-subscriptions

and1
12-Amethyst
(To:Rick-Stanley)

In this case we compare the value with some default value and the subscription will trigger when the condition will be true, but in my case I just need the trigger subscription when my data has changed. I through about using an event + subscription that should help me, but I decided to ask the community if we had a different way that would be better or more perform and more flexible

Top Tags