cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Download file from system repository without login

csummers1
9-Granite

Download file from system repository without login

I have a file in the system repository that I would like users to download without having to login to the mashup.

I have a service that emails links to the files but when they are clicked they take you to the mashup login page (unless you are already logged in, in which case the file download begins).

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:csummers1)

Have you tried this with using an appkey for authentication?

I have, but couldn't get it to work - even with the appkey in the link it redirects you to the mashup login page.

Every time you open the mashup you're asked to login (even if already logged in under a different tab). I've been able to get around that using the appkey to open the mashup without logging in on that tab but this is only effective if you're already logged in under a different tab.

Tudor
12-Amethyst
(To:csummers1)

If you're using 8.3, there is a new security function that seems to impact downloads.  Content Type Filtering will need to be turned off in the Subsystems > Platform Subsystem configuration (and Application Key URL needs to be left ON).

Once Content Type Filtering is disabled, and API URL is enabled, you should be able to use a download URL such as the following to access your file (no mashup needed):

http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/FileRepositories/SupportTools.Repository/stacktrace?appKey=8e96f3e0-bb7b-4344-9e6e-ac5200219065&x-thingworx-session=true

More information on the Content Type Filtering is available here:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FREST_API%2FUpdatingtheRequestMethodandContentTypeFilteringforCSRFProtection.html

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:Tudor)

@csummers1

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags