cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dropdown Widget Output to Service

Nate_145
7-Bedrock

Dropdown Widget Output to Service

I have an infotable with a list of programs and associated parameters. I want to display the names of the programs in a dropdown widget and use the selected entry from that widget as input for a button widget activated service. However, I am having difficulty finding where the dropdown selection outputs to and how to get the infotable information to a service. How can I retrieve the current selection and its parameters in a service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Nate_145 ,

You can use the Selected Row data from the Returned data of the service which is providing/bound to dropdown list widget,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Nate_145 ,

You can use the Selected Row data from the Returned data of the service which is providing/bound to dropdown list widget,

So I try to grab the selected data from MyThing > GetPropertyValues > ReturnedData > SelectedRows > MyInfotable > Parameters and feed that into a service in the same thing, but from looking at the mashup debug menu I see that data doesn't update when I make a selection in the dropdown. What am I doing wrong that stops me from getting the selected data? Do I need to make a service and if so what kind and where? 

Is there an example mashup I could look at to get an idea of how to connect things or a tutorial on how to set the widget up? 

You also need to use Selectedrowchange trigger to load the list based on input from first list(dropdown).

example: dropdown 1 has service A generating list. From service A-->Returned data--> selected row will be input for target services and SelectedRowChanged trigger of service A should be used to load Target service.

Learned to make the service to build the infotable. Properties defined infotables don't work for this widget.

For anyone's future reference to get a dropdown widget to function using a static infotable:

- Make a datashape with your needed field definitions

- Create a service that builds an infotable using the snippets "Create infotable from Datashape"

- Populate the infotable using the snippets "Create Infotable Entry from Datashape" or followed by "AddRow(Object)"

- In the mashup you're using the dropdown in, add the service you created in the data panel

- Connect the Returned Data -> All Data to the Data input of the dropdown and define the display field

- Connect the Returned Data -> Selected Row(s) -> variables to any targeted services from the selection in the dropdown

- Use the SelectedRowsChanged event (or a custom event like a button press) to launch the targeted service

Top Tags