cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dynamically Update Datafield in Timeseries chart

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Dynamically Update Datafield in Timeseries chart

I need to set/unset datafields in a timeseries chart based on selection of a checkbox for datafield selection in a runtime mashup. ex: I have timeseries chart with temperature and humidity as datafields in timeseries. In mashup, user is provided with a checkbox for selection of temperature, humidity.Based on selection of checkbox, timeseries to show data from datafields of temperature, humidity dynamically on mashup. Does timeseries widget properties support such dynamic setting of datafield, if not I will explore other chart widgets.

Thanks..

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:nhksrd)

The time series chart could do it in two ways.

1. auto configure, just generate the data and drop it on the chart

2. pre-configure the chart, but just don't generate data for certain series. You'll see a label but no data points. for items you are choosing to omit.

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

PaiChung,

Thanks for response.

Any pointers on second option: preconfigure chart but dont generate data in design, but generate data in runtime.

Regards,

Hari

Sugumar_5656
14-Alexandrite
(To:nhksrd)

Hi Hari,

I think the below workaround will meet your requirement.

1. Give the static datafield for the time series chart. for example "Line1";

2. Based on the selection try to rename the datafield column name in the input data.

for example if you select the "temperature" means rename the temperature column in the input data to "Line1" in run time execution service.

Thanks & regards

Sugumar R

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sugumar_5656)

Sugumar,

Thanks, will explore run time execution service mechanism in help center.

Hari

Top Tags