cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ERROR MySQL connection

mmicciche1
4-Participant

ERROR MySQL connection

Hi,

I try to connect a thing (with MySqlServer template) to my db (MySQL), but the property isConnected is always set to false and the service that i create for test the connection give this error: "Unable to Invoke Service <nameservice> on <nameThing>: null".

In the thing configuration I set JDBC Driver Class Name and the JDBC Connection String as following:

1) com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

2) jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306;databaseName=dbmesfava_dbo

Someone can help me? the version of thingworx is 8.2. Searching for this problem I find solution just for previous versions.

3 REPLIES 3

Greetings @mmicciche1,

Please try the thing configuration as follows :

JDBC Driver Class Name : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

JDBC Connection String : jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/dbmesfava_dbo?allowMultiQueries=true

connectionValidationString : SELECT NOW()

Regards,

Himanshu

mmicciche1
4-Participant
(To:hchanana)

Greetings  @hchanana,

Thanks for your support, I tried your solution but it doesn't work.. maybe can the problem regard the firewall? 

Greetings @mmicciche1,

Please let us know if this issue is resolved.

This might be a permission issue or firewall issue. If the issue still persists, please check that proper permissions are  provided to the user.

Please refer the following community for reference

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Error-connecting-to-the-MySQL-server/m-p/523006

Regards,

Himanshu

Top Tags