cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Edge device communication to thingworx

SS_9632673
4-Participant

Edge device communication to thingworx

Hello Community, 

I'm a newbie, please help !!

i wanna know when Edge devices connect via EMS or Edge SDK, what kind of data will they send ? as i see from tutorial after EMS is installed on machine we can only browse files, was it only in .txt file information is stored? and if only files, then how does thingworx get data pushed to it and stored, and if it can store data, which thingworx service can we use to retried old data that sensor or plc or any edge device that have sent before.

2)Can someone help me know why should we need to make a REST call and do PUT/POST/GET execution when the client or any other person can do it in RUNTIME environment ? please provide an example why REST call is needed for sure.

3) when KEPWARE is available, does other edge SDK & ems needed? except for the these can be used for learing purpose ?

4) Please help me how to READ & WRITE messages back to edge from Thingowrx using EMS & Kepware.

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SS_9632673)

Hi @SS_9632673.

Unfortunately, your post is quite involved and is not easily answered via the community.  I recommend reaching out to your Sales rep or contacting the Sales team for discussing your needs around training/design.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags