Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification doesn't work

Highlighted
Pearl

Email notification doesn't work

Hi experts,

I have email extension installed. I create a thing "MyMailServer2" based on it and it works if test it with script. 

However, it doesn't work when I create a entity Notification "EmailNotify" and set  "MyMailServer2" as the handler.  I have no clue about it , could you help ?  

===================Updated on Feb 9==============

I didn't figure out the problem above , then I tried to turn to script to send email. So I need to get the recipients defined in the Notification.  I can get the notification content "testNotify" by running the service "GetNotificationContents",  While executing the service "GetUserRecipientsOfEvent" , it tells me no notification conent found(see the Capture5.PNG) .  Any idea about it ? 

The Thingworx I installed from : twxFoundationH2Trial-8.3.2-windows-installer.zip

Version of email extension: 3.6.0

Regards,

Sean

Thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Email notification doesn't work

Are there any errors in the Application Log when the even fires the notification?

No, I checked it but didn't find any error/warning log about it . 

Since you don't see any error messages, I would put some logger statements in the code, to verify that it is trying to send the email.

Actually I tried to send email via script firstly and it works, but I don't want to hard code the recipients in script.  so I tried two options: 1. Notification entity and 2. find recipients in the script.  But  the problems are : 

• 1. I want to send via Notification so that I don't have to hard code the recipients in the script , however it doesn't work. and I think I have no place to put the logger statement if use Notification , right ? 

• 2. To avoid the hard code recipients in the script, I tried to get the recipients specified in Notification,  but executing the service GetUserRecipientsOfEvent return nothing. 

Regards,

Sean

You are using Navigate or the Manufacturing starter apps?

No, I'm using thingworx composer only

Ok so you should be able to add logger statements in your code to troubleshoot your issue.

Hi @seanccc.

If you have found a solution to your problem, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

sorry, but I haven't found appropriate solution for it. 

Regards,

Sean