cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Empty grid tooltip

jensc
17-Peridot

Empty grid tooltip

Hello,

I was wondering if perhaps someone on here knew why my overflow tooltips do not work:

jensc_0-1676880438147.png

I can't seem to find any settings for it other than these:

jensc_0-1676882377151.png

So if anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:jensc)

I'm also just realizing that inspection with dev tools is easier said than done. I just saw that you can at least find the tooltip text under "aria-label" on the element.

In example for a button with a tooltip "Search entities": 

<ptcs-button class="ptcs-wrapper widget-content widget-ptcsbutton" tabindex="0" id="root_pagemashupcontainer-5_ptcsbutton-280" variant="primary" icon-placement="left" content-align="center" role="button" mode="icon" aria-disabled="false" aria-label="Search entities"></ptcs-button>

To style the tooltips you have a small section in the StyleTheme for it: Elements -> Information -> Tooltips.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DanZ
15-Moonstone

Just to be sure: Have you checked the tooltip with the Dev-Browsertool? Is the contained text missing or does it simply have the same color as the background?

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:DanZ)

Hello @DanZ ,

I've tried to figure out how to check this in the dev tools, but have not been able to even using the "force state:hover".

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

I also do not believe there is any OOTB style property to change the tooltip text color...

Thanks,

Jens

DanZ
15-Moonstone

I'm also just realizing that inspection with dev tools is easier said than done. I just saw that you can at least find the tooltip text under "aria-label" on the element.

In example for a button with a tooltip "Search entities": 

<ptcs-button class="ptcs-wrapper widget-content widget-ptcsbutton" tabindex="0" id="root_pagemashupcontainer-5_ptcsbutton-280" variant="primary" icon-placement="left" content-align="center" role="button" mode="icon" aria-disabled="false" aria-label="Search entities"></ptcs-button>

To style the tooltips you have a small section in the StyleTheme for it: Elements -> Information -> Tooltips.

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

I couldn't find this element for the grid, however I did find the section in the StyleTheme:

jensc_0-1677075350844.png

There is no text color option for this though... Perhaps it is located someplace else?

I have tested this in some of our other environments and there they work correctly (the text is visible in the tooltips).

So I am guessing this has something to do with my company's Style Theme.

I will report it to the developers and hopefully get the newest version of it into my platform.

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Jens

DanZ
15-Moonstone

Do you use the same color for some label/text variance (title, header, body etc) as for the tooltip background? Because the settings in the StyleTheme often  complement each other. So the used text color for the tooltips could be the one set for the "Body" labels.

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

Yeah, I think that is it although I couldn't quite see which text color it could've been.

Thank you for you help though! I didn't even think to check the style theme.

Thanks,

Jens

Top Tags