cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Entity not found when trying to add a route on a Thing Template

JD_8606834
5-Regular Member

Entity not found when trying to add a route on a Thing Template

Hi all,

we are facing an issue when adding a service on a Thing Template.

We created a Thing Template which is based on the ODataConnector Thing. A new Thing should use the template by calling its services. So the inherited chain looks like this:
Thing Test-TestTemplate-ODataConnector

But when trying to add a new service to the TestTemplate and by adding a route, the following errors pops up:

01_Error.jpg

We did a lot of research and found some similiar issues, which were all related to missing access rights.

So we assigned all groups that were suggested but still no luck:

TestTemplate uses ODataConnectorTestTemplate uses ODataConnector

TestTemplate Permissions VisibilityTestTemplate Permissions Visibility

TestTemplate Permissions Visibility InstanceTestTemplate Permissions Visibility Instance

TestTemplate Permissions RuntimeTestTemplate Permissions Runtime

TestTemplate Permissions Runtime InstanceTestTemplate Permissions Runtime Instance

TestTemplate Permissions DesigntimeTestTemplate Permissions Designtime

TestTemplate Permissions Designtime InstanceTestTemplate Permissions Designtime Instance

Does anyone have an idea, how to fix that error?

Thanks,

Jürgen

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:JD_8606834)

What does the service look like you are trying to execute?

Usually if you are trying to execute a runtime service, you would do it either on the Thing Thing[ThingName].Service or me context me.Service

I'm curious why you are trying to execute something on the ThingTemplate

JD_8606834
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

We want to add a service on the template, so that it can be used from different things which all dervive from the template.

The service itself will then of course be executed on the thing, not on the template

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

You may want to describe it simpler (basically you stated it with a lot of additional infos which may be confusing):

1. Create a new ThingTemplate with baseTemplate ODataConnector

2. Save the ThingTemplate

3. Now -in edit mode- add a new service and select "Route" 

nmutter_0-1664452136593.png

4. Error is shown

nmutter_1-1664452158070.png

I assume the error may be because no endpoints are defined:

nmutter_2-1664452190830.png

But I did not look into it deeper - just tried to reproduce. Maybe someone can help from here who knows the ODataConnector

JD_8606834
5-Regular Member
(To:nmutter)

Thanks for your investigations and the clarification. But in our situation, there are endpoints on the related thing available.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

as a side note: when you think you have a permission issue just try it with Administrator user. If the issue persists you do not have a permission issue.

JD_8606834
5-Regular Member
(To:nmutter)

We are already using a Administrator user. I was just trying to point out that usally permission issues were the cause for others who had similiar issues.

Top Tags