cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error 1113 Invoking Service from .net application

jburke11
11-Garnet

Error 1113 Invoking Service from .net application

I have a .NET application that starts a client to connect to my server as a virtual thing and push data to the server (this works completely with no errors). I wanted to invoke a service on the ThingWorx server that would take parameters from the client (below is the code) and run a service that automatically creates and binds the virtual thing to a remote thing.

I tested the service in TW and it works but when I invoke it from my client I receive this exception "Error invoking Service for Entity. Service Unavailable. (Code 1113)". I have double-checked the names and everything checks out. I'm not sure what I'm missing so if someone has experience with this I would appreciate feedback.

public static void createThing(ConnectedThingClient client, String ThingTemplate, String ThingName, String Description)
            {
                var param = new ValueCollection();

param.Add("ThingName", new StringPrimitive(ThingName));
                param.Add("ThingTemplate", new StringPrimitive(ThingTemplate));
                param.Add("Description", new StringPrimitive(Description));
                client.invokeService(com.thingworx.relationships.RelationshipTypes.ThingworxEntityTypes.Things, "TestThing", "CreateThing", param, 30000);

}

createThing(client, "TestThingTemplate", "thingnametest","this is a test");

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:jburke11)

Hello.

What version of the .Net SDK is being used? And version of ThingWorx? The other mention I've seen of this error (1113) has to do with writing to the offline message store, and that was fixed in the C-SDK a while back.

Thanks,

-- Craig A

jburke11
11-Garnet
(To:CRArko)

I'm using .NET 4.0 with the TW SDK version "dotnet-sdk-5.6.3.582-Release" (text in version.txt with SDK) and the ThingWorx version I'm using is ThingWorx 8.3.2-b535.

Are you able to run the same service using a REST call and the same APPKey as the .NET Edge client ?

It is maybe a permission issue.

I can GET/PUT/POST (other services and properties as well). The service runs as expected when I call it through rest API.

Top Tags