cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Error Executing Event Handler on Subscription

mberber
11-Garnet

Error Executing Event Handler on Subscription

Hello Everyone.

For a customer we recenlty migrated to TWX 8.5 to 9.0.3.  Instead upgrading system we did install from scratch to new server using TWX installer  and copy entities from  8.5.    

Our major problem is Subscriptions.  Almost all are remote things are bind to Kepware and getting data from various machines. After upgrading most of our Things their subcriptions imported as Disabled. We had to manually Enable most of our Subscrptions. The method we did use to create subcription is to create subscription either on the ThingTemplate or ThingShape level to which Things to inherit. 

After monitoring for two weeks our Application Logs are crawling with the Error = Error Executing Event Handler '<subcriptionName>' for event Type.Thing:Entity.<thingName>:Event.DataChange:Property.<propertName> which is mandatory to use this DataChange event on Things to run our logics But they are simply dont work way they should be. Services are working fine when we did test but DataChange event on Subscriptions  are unable to catch changes . Its very frustrating. Things are also getting disabled time to time. 

We did try to upgrade TWX 9.1 but it became worst. Almost all or SQL scripts became broken couse of longer then 2 lines of SQL Scripts are broken. So we did back to 9.0.3. 

Is there anyone has also encounter this problem ?

We need to solve this becuse is simply no make sense that the project which is working perfectly fine at 8.5  but 9.03 it that just dont. 

Thank you

Murat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mberber)

If 9.1 fixes the subscription issue, then you can fix the sql by forcing spaces everywhere you use <cr>.

I.E.

select * from table tablename

where this = that

make it

where this = that

Not sure how much SQL you have in use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If 9.1 fixes the subscription issue, then you can fix the sql by forcing spaces everywhere you use <cr>.

I.E.

where this = that

make it

where this = that

Not sure how much SQL you have in use.

anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @mberber ,If @PaiChung  response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Hello Pai;

Your solution works, but we have to manually edit all SQL Commands, which is a lot. So this is not very efficient. What is the cause of this problem? Is there any other way to write this without caring <cr> or whitespace when writing SQL queries?

Downgrading to version 9.0.3 seems to be the solution to this problem.

Wondering, does PTC know that this problem is in TWX 9.1?

Thank you

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The issue is a known problem that the platform team is fixing, I do not know when the fix will be released though.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mberber.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags