cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

[Error] InstallationThingworx Analytics fails (Could not verify ThingWorx Foundation)

jaison247
4-Participant

[Error] InstallationThingworx Analytics fails (Could not verify ThingWorx Foundation)

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue while installing the ThingWorx Analytics Server Trial Edition.

My ThingWorx Platform is running with URL, https://localhost:8443/Thingworx/Composer. I used the port 8443 and the App Key created for Analytics Server. Tried checking "Use SSL?" box since the URL is HTTPS. But no luck.

The URL displays "Certificate Error" but I guess that should not effect the local installation. Any pointers?

Regards,

Jaison Rodrigues

4 REPLIES 4
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:jaison247)

Jaison,

Thank you for posting to the PTC Community.

Have you verified that there is no firewall blocking the port?

Are the certificates deployed correctly on the machine? (Trust Store and such)

Regards,

Neel

jaison247
4-Participant
(To:nsampat)

Hi Neel,

Thank for the response.

The firewall is turned off on the server (development) and hence ports are not blocked by it. I am trying to install Analytics Server on same server as Thingworx Foundation, so I guess that should not be the issue.

I have created a self-signed certificate using Java Key Tool (help from Google), and used it during the installation of ThingWorx Foundation. I still receive certification error while accessing the Thingworx Platform but am able to work with it.

Do you need to have valid SSL certificate or self-signed certificate is fine? If I deploy a new certificate, how do I change it for exiting installation? Do I have to uninstall and install the ThingWorx platform or is there a way to redirect it to a new keystore?

Thanks.

Jaison Rodrigues

nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:jaison247)

Jaison,

Self-signed should be fine. Regards to pointing to another Keystore, I will have to ask my colleague from the Platform Team for their input.

Regarding the proper setup, please take some time to review the following Knowledge Article - Error "Could not verify ThingWorx Foundation" is returned when installing ThingWorx Analytics

Regards,

Neel

nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:nsampat)

@jaison247 ,

Do you still require assistance regarding your ThingWorx Platform certificate item?

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags