cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Error during installation

mahitejg
11-Garnet

Error during installation

I'm using windows 10 home edition my docker version is "18.03.0-ce, build 0520e24302" im runing it on a docker quickstart terminal 

I'm trying to install the thing works trial edition 8.2 but I keep running into this error It says "Error Running docker_machine_validator.exe"

I have shared the screen shot below 

12 REPLIES 12
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mahitejg)

Hi @mahitejg.

This previous community post may provide a solution to your problem:  https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Error-with-ThingWorx-Trial-Edition-8-2-installation-on-Windows/m-p/544803

If you still have an issue after checking this out, please provide the ThingWorx logs located at ...\ThingworxStorage\logs and the Tomcat logs located at <Tomcat_home>\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Hi @slangley I'm sharing my install log with you I could not go past that step with the link you shared please help me out on this one . Thank you

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mahitejg.

I see this in the log:  Docker machine "DockerMachinePTC" already exists

If you have tried installing multiple times, you may have artifacts from a previous install attempt that is interfering.  Please try to remove any previous artifacts.  Also make sure the port you are using is not already in use by another component on your system.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @mahitejg.

If one of the previous posts answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

sorry  it did not work out for me 

however I'm trying to install thingworx 8.3.2 but I get an error 

"  you already have thingworx foundation trail for h2 installed uninstall it. and then you can use this and then you can use this installation to reinstall "  . Although I uninstalled all the files  for thingworkx foundation and  i'm unable to reinstall it 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mahitejg.

Unfortunately, there are hooks created during the installation process that the installer is unable to clean up during a failed installation.  Therefore, you have 2 choices:

1. Run the installer on a "clean" machine--one on which the installation has never been attempted.  Make sure it is a 64-bit o/s and that you have a supported 64-bit java version installed
  2. Perform a clean install of the o/s on the existing machine to remove any artifacts that were not cleaned up during the previous install attempts.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thank you @sharon / @slangley for such a quick response I was able to delete all the hooks by going to the registry and deleting all the records with the search string 'thingworkx' associated with it. now I am able to install the foundation how ever Iam not able to start the thingworx as expected it says

"ECHO is off.
The JRE_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program"

tschmitz
13-Aquamarine

Hi @mahitejg,

Is this error coming when you enter 'docker twxfoundation logs' into the command prompt?  Or is this happening during the initial install?

If it's something in the container, we may be able to pull more information from the tomcat logs.  To do that, run the following command in the command prompt to gain access as root:

Docker exec -ti -u root twxfoundation bash

Once you are in the shell, navigate to the Tomcat logs directory and do a 'cat catalina<whatever the date is>.log' and look to see where it has the JRE_HOME specified.

Note that above twxfoundation is the default container name used during install.  If you changed it, just sub in that name instead.

Regards,

Tony

@tschmitz in using thingworkx 8.3.2 for windows which has no docker

mgoel
17-Peridot

@mahitejg

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

mahitejg
11-Garnet
(To:mgoel)

Hi @mgoel I cant actually tell that now because I have moved away from that version of installation, in this case, please do suggest me weather I have to take down this post or accept the solution

mgoel
17-Peridot

@mahitejg 

You can mark accepted solution. 

Top Tags