cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error in licensing ThingWorx

npn
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Error in licensing ThingWorx

Hi,

I am currently using ThingWorx 8.3.1.

ThingWorx was working perfectly fine in my local system as well as the AWS instance that I have.

All of a sudden both of them failed and the license in ThingworxPlatform changed from "successful_license_capability_response" to "ignored_license_capability_response" and "unprocessed_license_capability_response".

This happened in both the AWS instance as well as my local system.

The tomcat server closes after the last line of in the attached screenshot

I also tried downloading a new license with the device id obtained from the "licenseRequestFile.txt" file.

However, same error occurs.

This is the application log -

2018-12-04 14:21:41.083+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Starting Subsystem [LicensingSubsystem]
2018-12-04 14:22:17.465+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] License capability response returned a license with no features
2018-12-04 14:23:00.272+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] License capability response returned a license with no features
2018-12-04 14:23:40.315+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] License capability response returned a license with no features
2018-12-04 14:24:18.842+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] License capability response returned a license with no features
2018-12-04 14:24:18.843+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to fetch license file with device id XXXXX
2018-12-04 14:24:18.959+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to process capability response because Response is out of order with previous responses.
2018-12-04 14:24:18.965+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Unable to read trial license file. Attempting to load as Paid license
2018-12-04 14:24:18.995+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] ====================================================================
2018-12-04 14:24:18.995+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] License file missing. It's expected at path : C:\ThingworxPlatform\license.bin
2018-12-04 14:24:18.995+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] ====================================================================
2018-12-04 14:24:18.995+0530 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: main] Shutting down the Platform.

Is there any reason why this could have happened?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @npn.

I have worked with the License Mgmt team to address this issue and now when I generate a license using my own Device ID, the license file is generated as expected.

If you are using a connected scenario (Support login information is included in \ThingworxPlatform\platform-settings.json), you should be able to simply restart Tomcat in order for the license file to update.  If you are manually updating the license, follow these instructions:

1. Login to the License Management portal
  2. Enter your device ID and click Retrieve
  3. Download the license and place it in the \ThingworxPlatform folder
  4. Move the existing license_capability_response.bin file to another location
  5. Rename your newly downloaded license file to license_capability_response.bin
  6. Restart Tomcat

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:npn)

Hi @npn.

I checked your entitlements and see that they look fine, but when I attempt to generate a license for your company, it comes up empty.  That indicates there is a problem updating the FNO server with your entitlements that were renewed recently.

I will open a case with the License Management team on your behalf to get this addressed.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @npn.

I have worked with the License Mgmt team to address this issue and now when I generate a license using my own Device ID, the license file is generated as expected.

If you are using a connected scenario (Support login information is included in \ThingworxPlatform\platform-settings.json), you should be able to simply restart Tomcat in order for the license file to update.  If you are manually updating the license, follow these instructions:

1. Login to the License Management portal
  2. Enter your device ID and click Retrieve
  3. Download the license and place it in the \ThingworxPlatform folder
  4. Move the existing license_capability_response.bin file to another location
  5. Rename your newly downloaded license file to license_capability_response.bin
  6. Restart Tomcat

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @npn.

Please let us know if you are now able to generate a valid license.  If not, we can open a case for further review.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @npn.

Now that we have resolved your licensing issues, please mark the appropriate response to this post as the

Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with similar issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags