cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error in running a Thingworx local server

dvojnic
4-Participant

Error in running a Thingworx local server

We are having issues in running Thingworx on our local server. The machine which is hosting the server has the required specs. We are using the 120 day long trial edition which is packed in Docker and suitable for Windows 10 OS. The error we are getting is error: could not initialize a secure socket connection. I have to point out that after installing the server we were able to access it, but then after some hours the error started appearing and it still persists.

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:dvojnic)

Hi @dvojnic.

When you were able to login to Composer, were you testing it from the local machine?  Have you checked for any firewall settings that may be blocking access?

Please provide the link you used for downloading the trial edition.  Also, please attach the log files located at ....\ThingworxStorage\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

dvojnic
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your quick reply, sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner.

Yes, I tried accessing it from the local machine. Firewall is turned off. 

We have downloaded the trial edition (last one) from the developer page: https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads

I fail to find the ThingworxStorage folder.

Best regards, David.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:dvojnic)

Hi @dvojnic.

Which of the following products did you download?

I'll have to look to see what path is used depending on which one you downloaded, but you could try checking C:\Program Files (x86)\.... or C:\PTC\.... in order to locate the logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @dvojnic.

Please let us know if you have been able to resolve your issue.  If so, please post a follow-up response with the solution and mark it as the Accepted one.

If you are still having issues, please provide more information and we will be happy to assist.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags