cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error: requires Administrator privileges

Janicen
15-Moonstone

Error: requires Administrator privileges

Good day everyone,

I am running a mashup as a test user and I get this error: 

"Error executing service myService.Message: : Entity[ EntityServices ]service[ myService ]".

I have already given execute permissions to the service mentioned above. I still get this error as a test user.

Has someone come across this error before?

Kind Regards,

Janice

6 REPLIES 6
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Janicen)

Did you also give READ and Visibility privileges?

Janicen
15-Moonstone
(To:Rocko)

Yes, I gave my service read and Visibility privileges.

Rocko
17-Peridot

Hard to say then - you could run the Access Reports from the permissions tab with that user to see what's going on.

Could also be conflicting privileges. if the user is in two groups and one is allowed the permission and the other one denied, it will be denied.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Does this service work as Administrator user? Or why do you think it is a permission issue?

For permission issues the error should look different. Like "not authorized to execute service" or cannot execute on undefined/null or something.

The error you have seems more like some issue in the service itself?

Could you doublecheck if the error message provided is one you also experience? Where do you get this error? In ApplicationLog?

Janicen
15-Moonstone
(To:nmutter)

The service works if you run with an administrator user and does not work as a test user.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

The error you get mentions "EntityServices". So I do assume that your service calls something on EntityServices where your user does not have permissions to (visibility and/or runtime permissions).

I cannot provide you more help with the details provided. Not sure how familiar you are with how to use permissions in ThingWorx? Quite complex to understand and configure it correctly.

Announcements

Top Tags