cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Error when using "QueryPropertyHistory" in Thing connected to Value Stream

JoeKellyATI
4-Participant

Error when using "QueryPropertyHistory" in Thing connected to Value Stream

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a Value Stream to collect data from one of our OPC servers.  Currently, I have the OPC server setup with PTC's OPC aggregator to connect it to Thingworx, and I'm getting live data.  I, then, wanted to track that data for use in small time-series charts and statistics.  I thought the right way to do that is by using a Value Stream to record changes in the properties.

So far, I have a Thing with the bound properties from the OPC server.  They're set to Logged.  I also have a Value Stream that the Thing is referencing.  The problem comes when I try to execute the QueryPropertyHistory service.  Thingworx spins for a few seconds then returns the following error:

Unable to Invoke Service QueryPropertyHistory on Test_Thing : com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [2,006] Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs.

I'm an admin on Thingworx.  Has anyone else had this issue and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured out a workaround.  I switched the persistance provider from "PostgreSQL" to the "ThingworxPersistanceProvider" and I'm getting recorded values!  Based on this, it sounds like we need to configure our PostgreSQL thing.

Thanks,

Joe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

According to the error there is an issue regarding database.

Can you check please database.log and Error.log from ThingworxStorage/logs and the logs directly on the database server?

Can you share if there are any errors in that logs?

Also, you can try to set log level of Application.log to DEBUG and try to run again the service to see if you get more info about the error.

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hi Raluca,

I want to apologize for the long response time!  I've been waiting to hear back from our server administrator.

I checked the logs in Thingworx Composer, but for some reason, the log viewer isn't working properly.  When I choose a date range and click "Apply", it just says "No log entries match this search".  It didn't used to do that, and I'm not sure what changed.

Regarding the original issue, based on what I know about our server, I'm wondering if it's a permissions issue where the Value Streams can't write to the table.  I'll keep digging and update this thread with anything I find.

Thanks,

Joe

I figured out a workaround.  I switched the persistance provider from "PostgreSQL" to the "ThingworxPersistanceProvider" and I'm getting recorded values!  Based on this, it sounds like we need to configure our PostgreSQL thing.

Thanks,

Joe

Top Tags