cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Error while creating Thing through service via Non administrator user

H_1234
11-Garnet

Error while creating Thing through service via Non administrator user

Hi All,
There was an error while creating things with the service as a non-administrator user. (I also granted permissions in to the EntityServices for user and Usergroup. In theThingWorx version  : 9.1
I'm getting this error:
        JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Not authorized for Create.
>>Concerning the issue, I need assistance.

regards,
hareef

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mukul
13-Aquamarine
(To:H_1234)

you would need these permissions.

1) Entity service resource - run time (CreateThing)
2) Thing collection design time - as the user will be creating the thing
3) while using create thing snippet you will have to pass Template name and project name - for this reason, the user should have visibility on that specific template/project or on the entire Template/project collection. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

This is saying that the User needs permissions to use 'EntityServices' 'CreateThing' or Thing Collection Design Time Create

I think the script log should have that showing.

Either give the user permission to that service or collection permission or give it to the System user.

Mukul
13-Aquamarine

you would need these permissions.

1) Entity service resource - run time (CreateThing)
2) Thing collection design time - as the user will be creating the thing
3) while using create thing snippet you will have to pass Template name and project name - for this reason, the user should have visibility on that specific template/project or on the entire Template/project collection. 

Top Tags