cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Error while importing custom extension in Thingworx 8.4

kkgooner
5-Regular Member

Error while importing custom extension in Thingworx 8.4

Hi,

I am trying to import a custom extension ( coded in java to generate PDF files ) into Thingworx 8.4

While importing, I get the below error (see picture) and the import fails.

The same extension file, when I import in another instance of Thingworx ( on another server ), gets imported without any errors. The Thingworx version on this server is Thingworx 8.3.2-b535. 

Can someone help me identify the problem?

extension import error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kkgooner
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hello Slangley,

Apologies for the delayed update. I got the extension working. I replaced the specific Exceptions such as JSONException,DocumentException from the service class and replaced them with just "Exception" (Parent exception). Had to restart the thingworx foundation service before importing the extension again. This worked.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:kkgooner)

Hi @kkgooner.

Are both ThingWorx instances (8.4 and 8.3.2) configured the same in regard to other extensions that are installed?  Do you get the same error if importing under the Administrator login?

It may be necessary for you to provide your custom extension for us to determine the cause.

Regards.

--Sharon

kkgooner
5-Regular Member

Hello Sharon,

Yes, the configuration is the same between both Thingworx instances. And the ID that I am using for import has admin privileges. I have attached the extension Zip file. Request you to please check and let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I can open a ticket for this if required.

kkgooner
5-Regular Member

Hello Sharon,

Have you had a chance to look at the file that I have provided? Any help soon, will be greatly appreciated!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kkgooner.

Please let us know if you are still having issues with the import of your custom extension, and if so, provide your platform-settings.json file.  If you have found a way to resolve it, please share your solution with the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

kkgooner
5-Regular Member

Hello Slangley,

Apologies for the delayed update. I got the extension working. I replaced the specific Exceptions such as JSONException,DocumentException from the service class and replaced them with just "Exception" (Parent exception). Had to restart the thingworx foundation service before importing the extension again. This worked.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kkgooner.

Since you have found a solution to your issue, please mark your post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with similar issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kkgooner.

It appears we may have to engage with R&D to determine why this extension is not importing under ThingWorx 8.4.  However, before doing so, please provide your platform-settings.json file so we can validate the import policy you have set.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags