cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error while trying connect raspberrypi to thingworx

ntran-21
1-Newbie

Error while trying connect raspberrypi to thingworx

Hi,

I am following the instruction on ThingWorx to connect my RaspberryPi with ThingWorx. But I got some error while trying connect. Could you please help me?

My Config.json:

And here is the outcome while I trying to use ./wsems:

Looking forward your help...

Kenn

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ntran-21)

Hi Nhut, just wondering if you are actually able to reach the ThingWorx URL from your raspberryPi? Are you able to ping that machine if it's running on different machine? Are you able to access the composer from your raspberrypi?

Hi Sushant,

I don't get question. What do you mean about reaching ThingWorx URL?

If you're wondering about did I success to connect to ThingWorx, then the answer is not yet.

Can you please make your question clearer?

I don't know what the problem is...I have google it, but there is no solution for my problem.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

What i meant with reaching "ThingWorx" is to simply check if you are able to connect to the machine running ThingWorx server. I think it would be worth confirming whether or not your RaspberyPi is able to ping or connect to the server running ThingWorx. May be its just some sort of network issue causing this issue for you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but what do I need to do to make sure that my RPI connect to ThingWorx? I am a beginner for this field.

Thanks,

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Can you confirm if you are able to access ThingWorx Composer via web browser on RPI using it's URL something like <serverAddress>:<port>/Thingworx ?

Or other option could be to use the curl command e.g.curl http://<serverName/Address>:8080/Thingworx ; this should highlight error if it will fail else you will be able to see the HTTP response from the server.

Either of the above mentioned options should highlight the fact whether or not you are able to reach/contact the ThingWorx server from your RPI.

Top Tags