cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Events as an input

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Events as an input

The selected rows datas are taking time to pass input to expression/validator than events. Shall we pass Event as a input to expression/validator? Is that a good practice??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_9587236)

@AP_9587236 : Yes these properties are not of type events. So these can be bound as input parameter to expressions and is fine.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
abjain
13-Aquamarine

@AP_9587236 : Can you please explain the use case here on what you are trying to achieve ? I don't think that binding events to expression parameters is possible but if you can explain clearly it would be helpful. If possible , please share some screenshots too.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot
(To:abjain)

Once the All Data of infotable values passed to Collection widget from service, we will get the options like Event:SNo, Event:Name,... as I highlighted in the below attachment for your reference. Binding those values to the "inputs of" expression/validator is efficient or not?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Not quite sure what your question is or what you are trying to do.

But you can't 'pass events' you can use events to trigger.

So if you use selected rows, you can use selected row changed to fire the evaluation

Once the AllData of infotable values passed to Collection widget from service, we will get the options like Event:SNo, Event:Name,... as I highlighted in the below attachment for your reference. Binding those values to the "inputs of" expression/validator is efficient or not?

abjain
13-Aquamarine

@AP_9587236 : Yes these properties are not of type events. So these can be bound as input parameter to expressions and is fine.

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Okay thanks

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Okay. But why when the inputs of expression/validator is not getting proper values when it is binded to the selected rows datas of service?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Are you specifically referring to the Collection widget passing back selected row information?

I'm not certain but there might be a bug within that context.

Please search support.ptc.com for that

No, the selected rows of service binded to the input of expression. Most of the times the expression is not receiving any input values. That is the problem.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

For troubleshooting purposes, you can temporarily also add a value display on your mashup and bind the same values to those, this will help you see if they are changing or not.

For the expression widget to not fire at all is a bit strange.

I think you already set it to Always/Auto Evaluate right? (vs. Value)

triggered evaluation using service invoke completed.

Top Tags