cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Example of a tree widget with an infotable

AndreaSteyn
11-Garnet

Example of a tree widget with an infotable

Hi guys,

I am trying to use a tree widget to display a nested list for options a user can select.  Can someone please provide a basic working example?

I tried to follow article,  this community post and the online video but no data is being displayed in the Tree Widget on my Mashup. Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah, I found the issue.

You need to add two additional entries:

- Type: root, SubType: Conveyor

- Type: root, SubType: RC

And then on the Tree widget properties, type "root" into RootParentID.

This tells it what the root item is and that the Conveyor and RC are children of that root item.

screen-20191028-100819.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AndreaSteyn !

If possible, could you provide some screenshots of what your InfoTable contents and your Tree definitions looks like?

Eliot

Hi @eliotlandrum ,

I attached a screenshot of my infotable and my tree setup.  The Type is the parent and the subtype is the child I want to display.  Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Before I dig too deep, do you have something that triggers GetDataTableEntries? Maybe Mashup Loaded? You should be able to tell by clicking on GetDataTableEntries on the far right Data panel, then looking at the Connections pane. If there's no arrow into GetDataTableEntries, then it isn't being fired to query the data.

Ah, I found the issue.

You need to add two additional entries:

- Type: root, SubType: Conveyor

- Type: root, SubType: RC

And then on the Tree widget properties, type "root" into RootParentID.

This tells it what the root item is and that the Conveyor and RC are children of that root item.

screen-20191028-100819.png

Thank you

Top Tags