cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Export data to Excel/Word/PDF in ThingWorx 9.1

RK_0705
11-Garnet

Export data to Excel/Word/PDF in ThingWorx 9.1

Hi Team,

How to export data or page in excel/word/pdf in thingworx 9.1 as data export OOB widget is only used for exporting to csv format data?

Is there any extension already present in marketplace. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

There is no single OOTB solution, as far as I'm aware.

For PDF there are some extensions - check this topics for some details / suggestions:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Export-the-infotable-result-in-pdf/m-p/738945

For Excel I'm not aware of extensions, but opening CSV in Excel is pretty straightforward. If it's not enough and you need to get some custom / pretty formatted Excel files, I don't know a quick way to achieve this.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DmitryTsarev)

Hi @RK_0705.

The information provided by @DmitryTsarev is correct.  There is no OOTB PDF extension, and no solution supported by PTC.  You can check out the ones available on github per the link @DmitryTsarev provided, or the following options can be considered:

• Generate the extension yourself
  • Engage a PTC consultant to write the needed extension.  This can be arranged through your PTC Sales rep or you can contact the Sales team here

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @RK_0705.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @RK_0705 ,

Have you tried using Data Export widget? It exports data into CSV (use excel to read it).

DataExport.png

Thanks,

Shirish

Top Tags