cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Expression Changed event

egolindano
7-Bedrock

Expression Changed event

Hi. I'm trying to open a popup mashup only if a parameter that I pass to a expression widget have certian value. So, i added the widget to the mashup and binded the changed event to the "navigate" service on my navigation widget but it doesn't work, i also selected on the DataChangeType dropdown  the "value" option, with no success. Thank You for your time. I attached a picture with the configuration of the expression widget.

output.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:egolindano)

Hi Eddison,

It sound like for what you are trying to accomplish a Validator widget may be better.  This allows a true/false check and will trigger every time the expressions returns true.

Thanks,

Adam

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Few things: - Output it's an input parameter of the expression widget? - Output=true --> You are assigning true to Output, I think your code should be Output==true ( comparision ) - You have "FireOnFirstValue"=false, that means it won't trigger data change the first time it's evaluated - I see that you have evaluate binded, then it seems this part it's ok, otherwise you will have to set AutoEvaluate=true Best Regards, Carles.

Hi Carles, thanks for the response.

Yes, I know i'm assigning the value "true" to Output just to force the change, if i check the FireOnFirstValue it trigger the change but only once, after that it won't trigger again, i checked the AutoEvaluate but it doesn't trigger anyway.

It should works, there should be other wrong things, but the value changes or you are just evaluating it with the same value? if that the case you can change it the DAtaChangeType to Always.

i tested with "Always" and it fires the event, i also binded the output to a textbox and i see when the value change.. But it doesn't trigger the service i want.

AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:egolindano)

Hi Eddison,

It sound like for what you are trying to accomplish a Validator widget may be better.  This allows a true/false check and will trigger every time the expressions returns true.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi, Adam. Thank Your for the reply.. I'll try that tomorrow and tell you if it worked.

Hey Adam, using a validator worked perfectly, thank you very much for the help.

Top Tags