cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Expression code not saving

mdszy
6-Contributor

Expression code not saving

I'm trying to create an expression that simply takes a number (called 'shift') and returns a string like the following:

"This Shift ([shift])"

I tried creating an expression that takes 'shift' as an input and the expression code is simply:

"This Shift (" + shift + ")"

However, every time I try to create this expression, the expression code is empty the next time I open it and it doesn't actually work. 

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mdszy)

What version of Thingworx are you using?

What you are doing looks correct, maybe try: result = ... or ' vs "

mdszy
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

I'm on 8.4.4.

I tried all combinations of using single quotes/double quotes and doing "result = " and none of that worked.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Are you using the new capability that is in the bottom right pane to create the expression?

The expression widget has been deprecated

I did try this and it was working fine for me, so I would file a ticket if it isn't working for you.

mdszy
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Yes, I'm using the expression pane, not an Expression Widget.

Hello @mdszy ,

It definitely looks like a good candidate for the Tech Support case. Meanwhile, just as a potential workaround suggestion -- try to export your Mashup as XML, modify the Expression code in the XML and import it back.

/ Constantine

Hello Constantine

thank you for this workaround.

Yesterday help it me a lot

Tomas

anarwal
12-Amethyst

Hi @mdszy ,If @Constantine  response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Top Tags