cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Extension invoke from Thingworx Form Login

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Extension invoke from Thingworx Form Login

Hi,

Twx provides built-in functionality of sending mail upon "Reset Password", for which Mail extension need to be used.

Is it possible to invoke another "customised extension" on "Reset Password" click event.

For example: Hitting "Reset password" will send message to cellphone about password reset.

Thanks,

Tarun

9 REPLIES 9

This would certainly require customization. There is no setting, to my knowledge, which allows for SMS to be used in place of email. You'd have to build your own mashup, I think.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ttielebein)

Hi Tori Tielebein​,

Do we have access to the reset button event available for use in Mashups? I can't find such event.

I think Tarun issue will be resolved if we have such event available for use in Composer.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but just to clarify is this about sending SMS or an email on hitting password reset?

Sushant Pandey​ Its for sending SMS to cellphone once the user resets his password, Email notification is already done.

Tori Tielebein​ I don't want to replace built-in email notification feature on password reset but send a SMS too,on Reset Password hit.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Tarun Nayyar​,

ThingWorx core handles the email process for password Reset. We just have the option to configure the mail and other settings.

As Tori said currently there is no inbuilt setting for sending an SMS on password Reset.

As per my understanding an event is required so that we know Reset button was Pressed and do custom work. But per my knowledge no such event is available for use in composer.

You can explore sending an SMS via email (on internet); i.e. using mail extension to send messages, though this is limited to only send and the SMS must have a valid email address.

You can also open a case with PTC support to request for this feature as an enhancement request with R&D Team.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit,

"....... i.e. using mail extension to send messages, though this is limited to only send and the SMS must have a valid email address."

Is it possible to send SMS to cellphone number alongwith MAIL extension?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Tarun Nayyar​,

I am referring to the facility provided by some Carriers in some countries to send SMS via email.

example: for AT&T; an SMS email address would be number@txt.att.net where number is user's mobile number.

So, if we send email to this email address; the carrier will forward that email as an SMS to the user.

User will receive the message as an SMS instead of an email.

Note: This is not a ThingWorx feature. Also, per my knowledge this facility is available in some countries/carriers only.

Yeah. Its not available in India as of now and I need to have something out of TWX only.

Anyways,I'll try to figure out some other customised options.

Thanks.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Tarun you may want to look into setting up the Twilio extension for this that will allow you to send an SMS /Voice message and it shouldn't be complicated to basically call the SendSMS service in the background when the password reset is done. I've covered the setup of this extension in quite detail  here Installing, configuring and handling issues related to Twilio Extension Setup in ThingWorx

Top Tags