cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Extensions/services for working with databases

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Extensions/services for working with databases

Hi!

I have previously worked with ThingWorx Edge ADO Service and connected to Excel-spreadsheet to get some information.

Now this extension, as I understand it, is no longer available, so I can't download and install it on my new computer.

What other extensions/services can be used for the above task? That is, speaking more broadly - for remote access and collecting data from certain database (including Excel)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Have a look at these articles:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Have a look at these articles:

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Hi @Mr_Henry_M ,

While the generic approach to build an extension or edge implementation can be obviously used beware of two other paths:

-the Database ThingTemplate, which allows you to connect to any JDBC compatible DB - if you have network access from ThingWorx's direction

-the Kepware's ODBC client driver, which allows you to deploy Kepware to a (Windows) computer, connect it to ThingWorx, then configuring the ODBC driver via DSN to read an excel file, etc, basically whatever is defined through DSN.https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/5db91cc5-7a93-4979-87d6-947f75eb6b94/odbc-client-manual.pdf It's 500$/year, but still, configuration only, supported, and no coding

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi!

Ok, thank you for information.

Top Tags