cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

External database connection guide for ThingWorx v8

czemuja
4-Participant

External database connection guide for ThingWorx v8

Hi, 

I am researching possibilities of Thingworx platform. 

One on the requirements I have, is to connect to external database and display it's data in the mashup (I have MSSQL and PostgreSQL database engines). Also I would like to modify records in that database (i.e. submitting value from mashup).

There are few guides for older versions of Thingworx platform, but those seems outdated and confusing when it comes to downloading jdbs drivers and creating Database things.

Can you include a simple guide here, or narrrow my searches and give us a clue how to accomplish that.

Thank you in advance,

Jarek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:czemuja)

Hi @czemuja.

You can refer to the help on JDBC Extensibility for creating your own extension.  You will need to supply the JDBC driver from the vendor and the connection string.  In a sub-topic, there are some examples for your reference.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:czemuja)

Hi @czemuja.

You can refer to the help on JDBC Extensibility for creating your own extension.  You will need to supply the JDBC driver from the vendor and the connection string.  In a sub-topic, there are some examples for your reference.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @czemuja.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags