cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Facing an issue while installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql

Sheetal_sable
12-Amethyst

Facing an issue while installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql

Hi,

I am installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql server 2017. After Installation when I go to Composer, message showing as "503 Service Unavailable". So I have checked the Application Log showing message as "message: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!".

For reference I have attached Application log, platform-setting.json.

We are following the document for installation as https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172634/en/Getting_Started_with_MS_SQL_Server_and_ThingWorx_1.pdf.

Could you please help to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sheetal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

Did you download the jdbc driver?  I have attached it here.

Unzip it first, then drop it into <tomcat_home>\lib, then restart Tomcat.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please take a look at this article: Debug ThingWorx Platform and MSSQL database connectivity

The steps provided in the article might help with the resolution.

Best regards,

Rajesh.

hi @Rajesh_Sayana ,

I followed all the steps as provided here 'Please take a look at this article: Debug ThingWorx Platform and MSSQL database connectivity' .Also tried validation techniques provided by community still not fixed the problem.But still i am facing issue (attached screenshot of it) and Application log and platform-setting is attached. 

I have queries:

1. which jdbc driver is used for sql server 2017.

2. Is attached platform-settings.json file correct.

3. need to set any environment variables?

Can you Please provide detailed procedure from start to end sequentially for installing thingworx 8.4 on top of SQL 2017.

I have also searched for customer care details but no success, could you please provide the customer care details as well

Please help me regarding this.

Hi,

Make sure %JAVA_HOME%\bin   and    %JRE_HOME%\bin   are available in environment path variable.

hi,

Thanks for reply.

%JAVA_HOME%\bin and %JRE_HOME%\bin are available in environment path variale. But still facing an issue.

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

Did you download the jdbc driver?  I have attached it here.

Unzip it first, then drop it into <tomcat_home>\lib, then restart Tomcat.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

If the previous reply allowed you to solve your issue, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags