cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Facing an issue while installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql

Sheetal_sable
12-Amethyst

Facing an issue while installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql

Hi,

I am installing thingworx 8.4 on top of sql server 2017. After Installation when I go to Composer, message showing as "503 Service Unavailable". So I have checked the Application Log showing message as "message: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!".

For reference I have attached Application log, platform-setting.json.

We are following the document for installation as https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172634/en/Getting_Started_with_MS_SQL_Server_and_ThingWorx_1.pdf.

Could you please help to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sheetal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

Did you download the jdbc driver?  I have attached it here.

Unzip it first, then drop it into <tomcat_home>\lib, then restart Tomcat.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please take a look at this article: Debug ThingWorx Platform and MSSQL database connectivity

The steps provided in the article might help with the resolution.

Best regards,

Rajesh.

hi @Rajesh_Sayana ,

I followed all the steps as provided here 'Please take a look at this article: Debug ThingWorx Platform and MSSQL database connectivity' .Also tried validation techniques provided by community still not fixed the problem.But still i am facing issue (attached screenshot of it) and Application log and platform-setting is attached. 

I have queries:

1. which jdbc driver is used for sql server 2017.

2. Is attached platform-settings.json file correct.

3. need to set any environment variables?

Can you Please provide detailed procedure from start to end sequentially for installing thingworx 8.4 on top of SQL 2017.

I have also searched for customer care details but no success, could you please provide the customer care details as well

Please help me regarding this.

Hi,

Make sure %JAVA_HOME%\bin   and    %JRE_HOME%\bin   are available in environment path variable.

hi,

Thanks for reply.

%JAVA_HOME%\bin and %JRE_HOME%\bin are available in environment path variale. But still facing an issue.

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

Did you download the jdbc driver?  I have attached it here.

Unzip it first, then drop it into <tomcat_home>\lib, then restart Tomcat.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Sheetal_sable.

If the previous reply allowed you to solve your issue, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags