cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Facing problem on deploying thingworx even the server started and war is extracted

Ashikkasim
5-Regular Member

Facing problem on deploying thingworx even the server started and war is extracted

I created database and tables in postgres, folders for thingworx, after apache server is started the Thingworx war is extracted but it is not deployed. only the thingworx inside the server is not deployed, hitting the URL gives a 404 error. The Tomcat Web Application Manager gives a message like, 

FAIL - Application at context path [/Thingworx] could not be started

no Thingworx logs are created, i have attached the apache logs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashikkasim
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Actually, that wasn't the cause since I checked those basic things again that was fine. Reinstalling all things and starting from step one solved the issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the root cause.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Ashikkasim,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developers Community.

Looking at the error message provided there are typically two potential causes:

• Multiple Thingworx folders exist in <Tomcat Home>\webapps.
  • The database password supplied for the twadmin user is incorrect

Please ensure all additional Thingworx folders are moved out of webapps and please confirm that the twadmin password supplied in platform-settings.json is correct.

Regards.

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Ashikkasim
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Actually, that wasn't the cause since I checked those basic things again that was fine. Reinstalling all things and starting from step one solved the issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the root cause.

Top Tags