cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Failed to load FlxCore Library

dgawthorpe
1-Newbie

Failed to load FlxCore Library

I'm having an issue with starting up a Thingworx composer with Tomcat and the only error i'm getting in the Thingworx application log is:

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path. Error message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I

First off, a couple of points to note.  The machine i'm working on at the moment hasn't been used in about 3 months, but it previously had an instance of Thingworx running on it previously with no issues at all.  It was primarily used for testing things in a dev environment and hasn't been touched or updated in that time.  Also I've double checked the PATH and added both the "<tomcat>/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions" directory and the same but with the FlxCore64.dll on the end and neither of these solve the issue.

A lot of other discussions i see on here list that the issue might lie with Java.  the Java version on the machine is 1.8 64bit :

java version "1.8.0_141"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_141-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.141-b15, mixed mode)

Now since nobody has used this machine in several months, and Thingworx worked just fine on here before, i doubt there's anything wrong with any configuration.   I currently suspect it might be an issue with the license.bin file after reading several support articles:

7.4 ThingWorx does not launch due to license error in Windows

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS275395&source=Article%20viewer#_ga=2.142987445.1298148644.1516281456-1232768700.1516281456

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS259533

However, none of the solutions presented by these articles have worked.  Is it actually an issue with the license? Is there any way i can check? could there be something else I have not noticed in one of the logs?

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Dan

1 REPLY 1

hi, i have the same error, but on linux machines.

You can try the solution, wich worked for me, from the official installation document:

NOTE: If you get an error, create a new file in the tomcat /bin file named setenv.sh

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions"

In your case you probably need to create a setenv.bat with the following content (Attention syntax could be different on windows (don't know windows commandline very well!)):

set CATALINA_OPTS="%CATALINA_OPTS% -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions"

replace the part "/usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/" with the path to your Tomcat installation (e.g. C:\Tomcat.....)

Top Tags