cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

File Repository Upload Permission Issue

dr1
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

File Repository Upload Permission Issue

Hello Everyone,

I am using a FileUpload Widget in one of my Mahsups. The fileUpload Widget is associated with a FileRepository thing. 

Now I want a different User to be able to upload files to the Repository with that Widget. 

Everything works fine, when I give every User service execute permissions on the repository thing

image.png

Now I would like to avoid giving permissions for all Services. Which specific service is responsible for the upload of any file type? If I don't give service execute Permissions I simply get an Error that literally only says "Unauthorized" with no more information in the logs.

It must be some specific serive for FileRepository Thing but none of the "obvious" ones worked. So far I tried to give execute Permissions to following services:
List Directories

ListFiles

LoadBinary

LoadText

MoveFile

SaveBinary

SaveText

Unfortunately all with the same result. It is also unfortunate that the error does not state which service does not have permission.

Any help with this is appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:dr1)

Hi @dr1 

It would be interesting to know which version you are using.

I did test in ThingWorx 8.5.4 and I did get an helpful message:

Invalid Request Exception: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateFolder in CMORepository

After adding the runtime permission for CreateFolder I was able to upload my data.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:dr1)

Hi @dr1 

It would be interesting to know which version you are using.

I did test in ThingWorx 8.5.4 and I did get an helpful message:

Invalid Request Exception: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateFolder in CMORepository

After adding the runtime permission for CreateFolder I was able to upload my data.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

dr1
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

Hello Christophe,

thank you very much for the information. I am working with version 8.5.0 and it definetively does not say
"Invalid Request Exception: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateFolder"

But I was able to solve it by giving execute Permission on "CreateFolder" so thank  you very much.

Regards,

Dominik

Top Tags